Monday, August 11, 2008

Read the post below this first...



Did you read the one below yet? Read that one before this one so that the story flows...


We picked up my mom and were heading out to do a little shopping. She gave Gavin some grapes to much on in the car. It did cross my mind that if we were in a car accident, he could possibly choke but I let it go.

I was chatting away with my mom and we were just pulling in to the shopping area when I heard something that made me look. I glanced in the mirror and saw Justin throw up all over himself and the car seat. I had a couple of thoughts within a split second in this order. Hmmm, Justin wasn't acting sick at all, maybe he was car sick, and so much for that breakfast I was bragging about! Then I saw it, something green in his hands. I very calmly asked Gavin what was in Justin's hands and he very matter of factly said "A grape mom." This is what my mind said "Oh s**t, what the h**l is a f******g grape doing in his hand?" and of course I was screaming in my head. The nice level headed mom that I am said (very calmly again), "honey, why did you give Justin a grape?" and so the conversation went. I was dealing with the rush of adrenaline after realizing that Justin was choking and I didn't notice, while trying to impart to Gavin why we shouldn't give Justin grapes. I had never told him to ask me before giving Justin food, so Gavin wasn't in trouble. Now he knows though, he must ask before giving Justin ANY food.

Well, all of that wonderful food and all of those colors that he ate were everywhere. Luckily we were going to Target. It's funny though, as we were leaving the house in the morning I decided not to bring wipes because I figured I might have some in the car. Ha, no wipes! I did have a towel that we used to sop up the mess as well as we could. It was about 10am and over 70 degrees, so I knew that the yumminess would bake while we were in Target. Oh well. I brought Justin in to the store in just a diaper and bought him a cute new outfit.

When we got home I took off the new outfit because it too was nasty from sitting in the mess in the car seat. I took the car seat apart and threw the upholstery in the wash. While I was doing this, Justin was hanging out in the play yard, and taking off his diaper. It just never ends :-) All of this on a day that I have been up for 30 hours too.

No comments: