Friday, August 29, 2008

My other men





While I was writing the post below this one Gavin came down and mentioned that I forgot to sing Twinkle Twikle at bedtime. He likes me to sing "Rinse and Shine" and read him a book at bedtime. Then he goes through a couple of phrases he says every time. "Tell me you need water or milk. I be asleep. That's ok." and "I can come out to go potty or poopy." He used to get a little water and milk before bed so I think that's a hold over. He thought that we could talk to him through his monitor so he thought that we could let him know if we needed anything. How cute is that? Anyway, recently he has wanted me to sing "Twinkle Twinkle" and rub his back, just like a little girl's dad in an episode of Sesame Street. How could I resist? I went up there and snapped a couple of pictures before I sang to him. He's wearing his Super Man Jammies tonight. They are a hand me down and have Velcro spots on each shoulder where a cape used to attach, but we didn't get that part. I also walked in to the computer room and visited Cole while he was playing on his computer game. It's nice to sit and think about all of my men!

2 comments:

Christie said...

I really enjoyed reading your last two posts. You sure have some great guys in your life! Gosh, who would have ever thought all those years ago sitting in Coleen's living room during Young Women's Bible Study we would be where we are right now, with all these cute little(and big!) dudes in our lives. Amazing really. I will be praying about your desire to end the night shifts and maybe work from home. Who knows whats possible :)

Christie said...

Sarah, could you shoot me an email? I am making my blog private and want to make sure and add you as a reader and all my addresses are in Alaska!Thanks:)