Friday, September 26, 2008

Growing Up






My mom watched the boys last night when Cole and I went out. She mentioned that Gavin asked her to take his camera out of his room. This was the first we had heard of it and were pretty bummed to hear about it. We have always said that if he wanted it out, we'd take it out. We certainly don't need it there and as he gets older, he needs to know that his room is safe and private. He mentioned it to us today and we said sure we'd take it out, but why? He said he was scared of it. Ok, no problem, it's gone. I'm sad though. I have just loved watching him fall to sleep, play in his room, treat his animals with the utmost of care, and just be the sweet innocent baby of mine. Well, I guess he's not a baby anymore. I just deleted the shortcuts to his camera and felt a big let down. I had opened Justin's room eventhough I can't see him in the dark, I can hear him, and my mouse went right to Gavin's room. I wanted to watch him and Cole in there get Gavin all dry and ready for bed, but it's not hooked up. It's just one of many little things that I will have to let go of while my baby grows up.
I know the quality of the pictures isn't great, but I've included a few snapshots from Gavin's camera from the last 3 years (if you can read them, a lot of the dates on the pictures aren't right).

2 comments:

Momma La La RN said...

I know how you feel on the growing up part... Jillian is changing each and every day, its wonderful to see, but then at the same time it is sad because they grow up too fast...

Anonymous said...

aaww :(
We didn't set up a camera or even a baby monitor but I sometimes leave the door to Sophia's room cracked so that I can see her sleep. I love seeing her so peaceful.

I always thought it was cool that you could keep an eye on Gavin without needing the door cracked or even having to go upstairs. ;-) You still have little Justin...for now.