Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It sounded like a good idea...

Yesterday I needed something to do to stay awake, so the boys and I headed to Fred Meyer. Gavin went potty at the gas station, and again when we got to Fred Meyer. That was awesome! Then, he saw the play area and wanted to go in. If you know Gavin, you know that is a big step for him. He is very shy and introverted so to be left alone in a strange place is not his first choice. I explained that if he stayed there, I would be in the store and pick him up when I was done shopping. He was still game, so I happily left him there. Justin and I had a nice time wandering around the store. When we were done I started towards the check out. On my way there I heard my name on the overhead speaker. I figured Gavin was tired of being there, or had to go potty. The nice lady told me that he had had an accident. Oh well, things happen. She wasn't worried about it. Gavin was walking bow legged because his pants were all wet, but I was happy I was done so we would just check out and leave. Right then her manager walked up and the playland lady asked her what she needed to do to clean up the spot on the floor. They had to shut down playland until the carpet was "professionally" cleaned. I sure hope that is refering to the store cleaners and not some outside service. Anyway, I was mortified that we had caused all of the other parents to have to pick up their kids early. I put Gavin in the body of the cart so no one would see his obvious wet pants and know we were the ones. I made sure not to let on to him that I was embarrased though because that's not fair to him. Accidents happen, but to shut the whole place down? Couldn't they have fenced off the offencive area or something? Besides, since he was sitting in the cart, his pee got in it anyway (you really never know what's on those carts!) Overall it was funny, but still kind of sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have been able to hide my embarrassment from Sophia. My face would be every shade of red including shades not found in a crayon box. Dealing with an accident wouldn't be the bad part - I think I can do that. But them shutting the whole place down - ACK! *red face*