Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Small shower, Big step


We tried to take Gavin in the shower with us when he was a baby, but it was a big pain and he hated it. Neither of us made it a regular thing to get him used to it, so now he just refuses. We just gave up and realized that someday he will eventually take a shower. He loves his baths, so that's good enough. Recently Cole found a cute shower head that attaches to the big one, has a hose and suction cups down low for kids. The water flow is greatly reduced so it's not so hard and loud. We thought Gavin would never go for it, but he loves it. He is really bummed if we only give him a bath and he doesn't get to take a shower. He has still been pretty resistant to the big shower though.

This morning he decided that he wanted to take a shower with me. I was sure he would back out at the last minute, but when I said I was going to take a shower, he started stripping. I turned on the water and he was a little hesitant, but got in with me. It is a tiny shower so we were pretty cramped, but he did well. He didn't like too much spray on his face, be we worked with it. He started cracking up and I asked why. He said "The water is coming off your boob" and kept laughing. I know, TMI, but it was funny :-)

I am so proud of my baby! He's awesome and growing up so fast. I have the feeling that if he wants to continue showering with me, we will move to his bathroom where there is a tub and more room. That way we can use his shampoo instead of my expensive stuff ;-)

The picture is of him waiting for his clothes. He was a little cold, but very cooperative.

No comments: