Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The value of alone time



Yesterday was rough. Gavin and I were butting heads all day and it was hard on both of us. I knew that he wasn't getting the stimulation and physical outlet that he needed, but we were busy with other things and he just never got the one on one time from me. I headed off to work and that was that.

This morning I got up when Cole left and took a shower right away. I came down and got a couple of things done, in addition to just hanging out with some coffee. I knew I was up early, but I didn't really think about just how early it was. Our coffee maker stays on for 2 hours, then automatically shuts off. In the first picture you can see the time, and that the little light is off. It had just turned off, so that means that I was up brewing coffee at 5:30. That was well after my shower! Good for me, especially since I went to bed at 11 or so.

My attitude is much better this morning. I am trying to be more relaxed and just going with it. The second picture is our pretty predictable morning routine, except that Gavin usually helps make the coffee, but obviously that was already done. This time he just helped with the waffles.

I really enjoyed my time alone and need to drag myself out of bed early more often. We all benefit!

No comments: