Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Would you please put it away?

Gavin has been getting better and better at going potty on the toilet. He spends most of his days in underwear, which is so unbelievably cute! When he pulls them back up, he tends to do it crooked. Sometimes not everything is put away completely and I have to help him a little. I must say, I have really cracked up when he comes around the corner and says "Mom, I need a little help with this" and I can see what the problem is-there's a little someone poking out to say "hello". Well, it was cute when it wasn't on purpose. He just put his underwear on for the day and was working hard to get "it" to hang back out. I gently told him that we wear underwear to keep things contained and put away, but he really wanted to have it out. Nice. I told him that he needs to leave it in the underwear, or I'll make him wear pants. That was the end of that. At least he has underwear on today. The other day he didn't have any on and I would catch him "exploring" the area. Boys. Hmmm. There's a fine line between shaming him and explaining what is proper in front of others. I'm not ready for this!!!

Naturally, I have decided not to include a picture with this one, even though it would be insanely funny :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha - save the picture for the entry in his senior yearbook. :P